One of the most common questions I get asked is, “Why should I start a blog?”
When I was a blogging beginner, I was clueless and blank too.
At that time, I often thought why people run blogs?
I mean, why people would be interested in reading my stories?
Who am I?
Just an unknown human. A common girl who has her own dreams and goals to live a life of her own. It’s just so normal.
In the busiest phase of life, no one has time to go deep into other’s life.
Then, what is the purpose of starting a blog?
But, blogging is beyond benefits and gains. It is an activity that improves ourselves.
To sum up all the above questions – I’ve written below 7 reasons you should blog for yourself.
If you can relate with one reason then blogging is perfect for you.
Needless to mention, you can come up with dozens of other reasons to start a blog. If that’s something inspiring to you – start doing it!
7 Top Reasons To Start A Blog For Yourself
Following are simple reasons to start blogging for yourself. If that sounds mean – DO IT!
Don’t have a blog? Use this guide to start a blog and share your experiences.
- It gives you a freedom to WRITE and SHARE whatever you want! In real life, our minds often get controlled by negative human behaviors. With a blogging space, you are free to share what you are willing to do. It’s your personal, private and public place. Do whatever you want to do!
- You are the sole owner – Does it make you feel overwhelmed? There’s no boss above your head to give you orders. No one is bossing you. You are the decision maker. No one is treating you as a remote control. You are the boss of this virtual space. There’s no restriction upon you. Just make sure, whatever you deliver add some value.
- Blogging helps to take out the word inside you. It’s definitely a WIN for those people who try to live inside a cave and always feel shy to interact with the outer world.
- It helps in boosting self-confidence. When you hit ‘publish’ on your blog, you are making yourself ready for both appreciation and arguments. It will eventually erase your lack of confidence and you’ll notice great improvements in yourself.
- Blogging provides peace of mind. Yes, it does! As I’m writing this post, I’m able to focus my mind on one thought. It just makes my mind feel relaxed.
- It will juice up your writing abilities. Either you are a novice writer or an experienced one, blogging helps to polish your writing skills.
- It introduces YOU with new people. Isn’t that amazing? You don’t need to go out and find like-minded people. Interacting with people of same interest has become a lot easier. With one blog – you will be interacting with thousands of people. Even, social communities help to engage with like-minded individuals. Chances are that you’ll notice a nice improvement in your personality too.
There are few personal reasons of starting a blog. Blogging is not just about making money, starting businesses, getting more traffic etc. It’s even about personal improvement and growth.
If you are clueless about starting a blog, you can use this guide ‘How To Start A Blog’ right now!
I believe everyone should blog.
Blogging is not restricted to a particular field, a business approach or a side income hustle.
What are your views on this post?
I’d appreciate your personal reasons of starting a blog.
Let me know in the comments.
Happy Blogging 🙂